1. Open the sidebar menu
2. Select Courses
3. In the courses page, select New in the top right
4. Make sure you have selected the Copy Shared Course tab, and then click the menu button to the right of the Original Course field
5. Type the name of the course into the search field. The course will appear below with a course ID number in brackets. Click on that course name
6. You will now be taken back to the course screen and there will be a couple of options now available regarding the course: Updates (Derivative Child Copy) and No Updates (Static Copy). It is very important that you select Updates (Derivative Child Copy) as this will ensure that any future content changes/fixes we may make to a course will also change in yours.
7. Fill in the remaining details.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you modify the Course Title to reflect your version of the course. BEST PRACTICE is to label the course with the name of the teacher and/or semester.