If you are interested in restricting access to various elements of the courses until the student has completed previous work, you can do so in the Activity Settings.
1. Click on the Course Card for the course you want to set the restrictions on.
2. Click on the hamburger menu in the top left
3. Click on the Editor option
4. Click on the folder for the unit you wish to edit
5. Click on the Pencil icon to the right of the specific activity you want to restrict
6. Click on the Settings tab
There are two ways to set restrictions. One is through the Visibility and Access section, and the other is through the Advanced Activity Options section.
NOTE: The instructions below are a manual process that must be completed for each item in a course, depending on what you are looking to restrict. For example, if you want all the quizzes in a course to be restricted until the students have completed each assignment in the unit, then you must set each unit quiz separately.
Visibility and Access
Here you can specify any previous items that must be completed prior to students being able to view/access the item.
1. Click the checkbox beside Block access until student completes other activity
2. Click on the Choose Activity button that appears
3. You will now see a list of all the units in the course
4. Click on the unit folder you wish to work in to expand and view all the items in that unit
5. Click on the checkbox beside each item you wish the student to have completed before they can access the item you are restricting.
NOTE: The item you are editing will not show in this list; it only shows all the other items. For example, if you are wanting to restrict access to the Unit 1 Text Questions Dropbox to require that they complete (view) all the items before it, you will check all items up to the Text Questions item
6. Once you have selected all the items you want, click Done in the bottom right and you will then see them listed in the Visibility and Access section
Advanced Activity Options
Alternatively, you can set a requirement that a specific item must be completed before the student can move forward in the course through the Advanced Activity Options section.
Simply click on the checkbox beside Student must complete this activity before continuing to the next one.