As of August 2019, we have added two new items to our courses:
- The first is our Teacher Resources, which replaces our existing PDF Teacher Guides as well as includes additional information useful to teachers
- An updated Getting Started section with additional information useful to students.
While we do recommend that clients download a fresh copy of our courses from their Client Account, we do recognize that some may have recently already done so and would prefer to just be able to add the additional items to the existing courses. Below are instructions on how to do so.
Please Note: To ensure that the content of the Teacher Resources matches to your instance of the course, you will want to ensure that your course is the LTI version of our courses, not the previous non-LTI versions. Also, if you have customized the course in any way, those changes will not be reflected in the Teacher Resources.
Steps to importing new TR into existing courses
1. Download latest Course Package from your Client Account
2. Navigate to your course in D2L
3. Click on Course Admin
4. Click on Import/Export/Copy Components
5. Select Import Components and click Start
6. Click Upload and upload the recent download of the package
7. Click Advanced Options
8. D2L will download the file and read the package. Once it is done, click Continue
9. Check both Content and External Learning Tool Links, and also ensure that you have Select individual items to import for both. Click Continue
10. For the Content selection, check both Teacher Resources and Getting Started, and click Continue
11. For the External Tools selection, check only the following items
- Blended Learning Strategies
- Course Bibliography
- Course Syllabus
- Course Vocabulary
- How to be successful in an eDynamic Learning course
- Pacing Guide
- Project Based Learning
- Required Materials
- Unit # Suggested Answers for Formative Assessments (there can be up to 12 of there depending on the number of units in the course)
12. Click Continue
13. Confirm your Selections by leaving all options with their default values and clicking Continue
14. D2L will import the requested content. Click View Content
15. You should now see both the Teacher Resources and the new Getting Started at the bottom of the Table of Contents
16. Click on the 8 dots to the right of each and drag the module to the top of the TOC (Teacher Resources first, Getting Started second)
17. Click on the old Getting Started section (the one without "How to be successful..." etc)
18. Click on the down arrow beside the title for Getting Started and choose Delete Module
19. Select Permanently delete and remove all nested modules, topics, and all associated files and activities from the course and click Delete
20. Click on an item in the new modules and ensure it loads
21. That's it! You're done!
Please Note: If you receive an LTI related error, this may indicate that your external learning tools are not configured correctly. See this guide for instructions on checking your LTI setup.