As of August 2019, we have added two new items to our courses:
- The first is our Teacher Resources, which replaces our existing PDF Teacher Guides as well as includes additional information useful to teachers
- An updated Getting Started section with additional information useful to students.
While we do recommend that clients download a fresh copy of our courses from their Client Account, we do recognize that some may have recently already done so and would prefer to just be able to add the additional items to the existing courses. Below are instructions on how to do so.
Please Note: To ensure that the content of the Teacher Resources matches to your instance of the course, you will want to ensure that your course is the LTI version of our courses, not the previous non-LTI versions. Also, if you have customized the course in any way, those changes will not be reflected in the Teacher Resources.
Steps to importing new TR into existing courses
1. Download the latest Course Package from your Client Account
2. In Moodle, click on Restore Course (under the Administration menu on the left)
3. Drag the new course package to the upload section and click Restore when upload is complete
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue
5. Select a category to restore the new course to and click Continue
6. Click Next
7. If desired, change the Course Name and Course Short Name to something easily identifiable as we'll be importing from this course in later steps.
8. Scroll to the bottom and click Next
9. Scroll to the bottom and click Perform restore
10. Once the course has completed its restoration, click continue to confirm the restore.
11. Navigate to your original course
12. Under the Administration section on the left, click Import
13. Search for the new Teacher Resource course , select it, and click Continue
14. In the Import settings screen, only have Include activities and resources option checked and click Next
15. Ensure there are checkmarks beside the Getting Started and Teacher Resource section (and the items within each of these sections), uncheck all other sections, and click Next
16. Scroll to the bottom and click Perform Restore
17. When import is complete, click Continue
18. You should now see the new Getting Started and Teacher Resource sections at the top of the course
NOTE: You may find that the Getting Started section has merged with the previous version. Simply delete the How you will be graded and Course Syllabus at the top of the section (leave the second Course syllabus). The section should look like this:
19. Verify that the Teacher Resource section is hidden from student view.
If the Teacher Resources are not hidden, simply click on the edit option and click Hide Topic.
20. Click on an item to ensure the LTI connection is still working
21. That's it! You're Done!
Please Note: If you receive an LTI related error, this may indicate that your external learning tools are not configured correctly. See this guide for instructions on checking your LTI setup.