As of August 2019, we have added two new items to our courses:
- The first is our Teacher Resources, which replaces our existing PDF Teacher Guides as well as includes additional information useful to teachers
- An updated Getting Started section with additional information useful to students.
While we do recommend that clients download a fresh copy of our courses from their Client Account, we do recognize that some may have recently already done so and would prefer to just be able to add the additional items to the existing courses. Below are instructions on how to do so.
Please Note: To ensure that the content of the Teacher Resources matches to your instance of the course, you will want to ensure that your course is the LTI version of our courses, not the previous non-LTI versions. Also, if you have customized the course in any way, those changes will not be reflected in the Teacher Resources.
Steps to importing new TR into existing courses
1. Download the latest Course Package from your Client Account
2. Navigate to your course in Canvas
3. Click on Settings
4. Choose Import Course Content on the right-side menu
5. In the Content Type dropdown, choose Canvas Course Export Package
6. Click Choose File, select the new course package you downloaded, and click Open.
7. Click on the Select specific content option and click Import
8. After Canvas reads through the package, it will indicate it is Waiting for Selection and a button labelled Select Content will appear. Click on Select Content
9. Open the Modules menu and check off both the Teacher Resources and Getting Started
10. Click on Home in the left-side menu
11. In the Table of Contents, scroll to the bottom and you should now find both the Teacher Resources and the Getting Started folders
12. Move the Teacher Resources to the top of the TOC and move the Getting Started to 2nd place.
13. Delete the old Getting Started folder
14. Verify that the new Teacher Resources are not published and so are not viewable by students
15. Click on an item to ensure new items load correctly
NOTE: if you instead get an Invalid LTI Request error, you may need to check your External Tool settings for the course. Be aware, there can potentially be a second lti.edynamiclearning.com External Tool configuration that can cause the LTI to fail.
For instructions on setting up the External Tool, please see this guide: Canvas - LTI Configuration
If you do have 2 external tools, simply delete the one that has fake in the consumer key (click the cogwheel to the right to edit)
16. That's it! You're done.