1. In the course you wish to edit, click on the hamburger menu in the top left
2. Choose Editor from the dropdown (under Courses)
3. Click on the Unit that contains the quiz you wish to edit
4. To edit an item, click on the pencil icon to the right of each item.
5. You will then be taken into the content editing page. Click on the Settings tab
1. Activity Settings:
Here you can specify how many attempts you would like to have. By default, quizzes etc are set to allow only one attempt
2. Assessment Pool Settings:
Here you can adjust how many questions to pull from the quiz bank. By default, each unit Quiz will draw 15 questions, and the Midterm/Final will draw 50
3. Advanced Assessment Options:
Here you can edit the time limits, question score, which scoring attempt to accepts, and add a password to the item. Additionally, you can toggle on various options like allowing students to use a highlighter in the quiz, allow the to eliminate answers they think are wrong, take notes, and more.
4. Visibility and Access:
Here you can control the visibility of an assessment.
One common use of the Visibility and Access panel is restricting students from being able to complete the Quiz in a unit unless they have viewed and completed all previous items. To do so, go to the Visibility and Access panel and click on the Block access until student completes other activity option. This will then allow you to click Choose Activity and specify which lessons/assignments you'd like to have the student complete before they can do the quiz.