Some clients prefer to edit the settings of the discussion questions. Below are a couple of examples of such editing.
Please Note: if you alter the discussion question itself, it will no longer match up with the Teacher Guide provided with the course. We advise you make note of any such changes to avoid confusion at a future date.
Navigating to Discussion Settings
1. Click on the hamburger menu in the top left to open up the main menu
2. Click on the Editor option
3. Click on a unit folder to open it up and see the contents.
4. Click on the Pencil icon to the right of the discussion question you'd like to edit
5. Click on the Settings tab
Disallow students to edit their own posts after submission.
eDynamic Learning courses are, by default, set to allow users to edit their posts after submission. This way, if a student accidentally submits a discussion post, they can edit and fix the issue. However, this does allow students to edit posts even after they have been graded.
To turn off this option go to the Activity Settings section and uncheck the box beside Allow users to edit own posts.
Make Discussions Worth Extra Credit
If you would like to make the discussions worth bonus points instead of a part of the required gradable activities, go to the Gradebook and submission section and check the box beside This activity counts as extra credit