How to setup eDynamic Learning in D2L as an Admin
Navigate to Admin Tools > External Learning Tools
In the Manage Tool Providers tab, click New Tool Provider
- In the Tool Provider Settings enter the following details:
- Launch Point: lti.edynamiclearning.com
- Version: Inherit Global (1.1)
- OAuth Signature Method: HMAC-SHA256
- Secret: insert the Secret provided to you by eDynamic Learning.
- Select Use custom tool consumer information instead of default
- Key: Enter the Key provided to you by eDynamic Learning in the Key field
- Name: eDynamic Learning (so you can easily identify our tool from any others in your system).
- Use the following configuration for the Security checkbox options.
- You will see that the Make tool provider available to section is already set to your organization name. Similar to the screenshot below. Click Add Org Units.
- Search and find the Org Unit name that you saw in the previous screen. In this example we search for eDynamic Learning.
- Click the checkbox next to the matching Org Unit and then select the All descendants radial button.
- Click Insert. If done correctly you will see the Every Org Unit under the: line in your configuration. This ensures that your LTI credentials will be passed to any course offering or template created within your D2L instance.
- Click Save and Close