TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Open Editor
- Reordering Content
- Editing Content
- Special Quiz Settings
- Additional Editor Resources
1. Click on the Sidebar Menu
2. Click on Editor
The syllabus page is where you can restructure your course layout or change the settings of the various activities.
1. Click on the Syllabus tab.
Here you will see the screen divided into three sections: Objectives/Badges, Content, Properties/Resources. For our purposes, we are just going to be using the center panel - Content. You can hide the other two panels by clicking the side facing triangle < > in each section.
To move the content around, simply click on a section and drag it to the area you wish.
eDynamic Learning content is in a specific order which is reflected in such things are our quizzes and teacher guides. If you are moving content around, you may also need to adjust other areas. Additionally, modifying content within the course may affect state standards as well as our ability to support you with any issues related to the modified content. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have if doing so.
1. To edit an item, click on the pencil icon to the right of each item.
2. You will then be taken into the content editing page which is split into three sections.
3. Click on the Settings tab, which will take you into the various settings of a particular activity
4. Gradebook and submission - 3 areas of particular interest:
Submission Type - Allows you to change what kind of submission you’d like to receive
Score Entry - Allows you to change from a points based scoring to percentage etc
Additional Options for making an activity an extra credit activity or a group assignment
5. Advanced gradebook options are where you can specify a minimum passing score etc
6. Visibility and Access allows you to specify whether a unit is visible and/or accessible
7. Advanced activity options allow you to define whether to allow a student to move forward before completing a previous assignment/activity
Special Quiz Settings
If the activity you are editing is a Quiz, Midterm, or Final there are a couple other areas you may wish to edit.
1. Activity Settings - Here you can specify how many attempts you would like to have. By default, quizzes etc are set to allow only one attempt
2. Advanced Assessment Options - Here you can edit the time limits, question score, which scoring attempt to accepts, and add a password to the item. Additionally, you can toggle on various options like allowing students to use a highlighter in the quiz, allow the to eliminate answers they think are wrong, take notes, and more.
To adjust the weight of each activity, follow these steps.
1. Click on the Weights tab
2. The default setting of grade weights for our courses is the point value of the specific activity, with each unit equally weighted. In the screenshot example above and below, you will note that each unit is worth 10% of the overall grade, as are both the Midterm and Final. Each unit has a total weight of 100 with the activities/labs etc each worth a specific percentage of that 10% (ie the Unit quiz is worth 2.5% of the total 10% - or 25% of that units' overall weight.)
Change the point value to your desired weight; you can even zero out the value and the activity will not count towards gradable activities (this can also be accomplished by simply clicking on the settings for a particular activity and unchecking This activity is gradable (see Step 4 of the following guide: Buzz - Gradebook Editor Tool Overview).
3. For further editing abilities, click the 3 dots to the right of each activity and select Edit. This will take you to the content editing page. For details on this area, see the Editing Content section at the top of this guide.
Setting Due Dates (Ranged Courses)
If your course is a Ranged Course you can adjust the individual due dates for activities here. This feature is disabled for Continuous Courses. For more details about these two types of courses, see Creating Ranged Vs Continuous Courses or https://support.agilix.com
1. Click on the Scheduling tab
Here you will see a list of the various activities to the left and a calendar in the center panel.
2. Click on an Activity to the left and drag it to the calendar date you wish the item to be due on. In this example, we’ll choose the Unit 1 Text Questions activity
3. We'll dragged it to May 30 (which is currently empty).
4. After releasing the mouse button, the activity appears on the calendar indicating it is now due then. Additionally, a Due Date appears beside Unit 1 Text Questions in the left panel.
5. Click on the date to see the item(s) that are due that day.
Blackout Dates (Continuous Courses)
If your course is a Continuous Course, the due dates are automatically assigned depending on when a student enrolls. However, there is an option to set up Blackout Dates, which are blocks of days during which there will be no due dates or work expected (i.e. Spring Break). Buzz will adjust due dates to account for these Blackout Dates.
To create Blackout Dates, follow the next steps.
1. While in the Editor tool, click on the wrench in the top right
2. In the drop down menu, select Course Settings
3. You will now be in the general settings for the course. At the bottom of the page, you will see the Blackout dates box. Click Add Blackout Date
4. Enter a Name and the Start Date/End Date and click Done
Additional Editor Resources
For more information on the Editor Tool, please see the article How do I Use the Editor Tool by Agilix Support. Additional documents and resources can also be found at https://support.agilix.com.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article